Hi! My name is Lajto. I’m a self-taught programmer who works on a very ambitious project: Mekadimo. My goal is to change the world using science and technology in a radical way. Meanwhile, I study Mathematics and Physics at the University of Oviedo. The rest of the time, I enjoy life by cooking, meeting people, reading books and watching series and movies. Nice to meet you!
- Name: Lajto (/’laɪ·to/)
- Legal name: David Andrés Martínez
- Birthdate: April 20 (1995)
- Citizenship: Spanish
- City of birth: Cuenca, Spain
- City of residence: Oviedo, Spain
- Alma mater: University of Oviedo
- Languages: Spanish (native), English (pending B2), Japanese (learning)
- Website: lajto.com
- Twitter: @_Lajto_
- Sex: Male
- Nutrition: Vegetarian
- Religion: None (atheism)
- Political ideology: Radicalism, anarchism, environmentalism
- Personality: Adventurous, radical, sincere, passionate, curious
- Goal: Change the world
- Mekadimo: A new sociocultural system based on science instead of fiction.
- Datakoro: Universal centralised data system to automate decision making.
- Mekaranto: Artificial language to reconfigure our thinking scientifically.
- Introduction to Mekadimo: A book that explains my project.
- Web frameworks: Yesod, Pyramid, wheezy.web, Spring, Struts, Web2Py
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle
- Operating systems: Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch Linux, OpenSUSE and other Linux distributions
- Text editors: Atom, Spacemacs, Kate, Gedit, Netbeans, Eclipse
- I advocate for free software and functional programming.
- I left school when I was 16 (2011) due to my rejection of the system.
- I came back to school when I was 21 (2016) once I became pragmatic.
- Bachillerato (La Sagrada Familia, Cuenca): 9.82/10 with honors (sciences)
- EvAU (UCLM, Cuenca): 13.292/14 (with Physics), 13.792/14 (with Chemistry)
- Currently studying Mathematics and Physics at the University of Oviedo.
- I would like to live and study in Japan for some years.
- Mechanism: Any phenomenon is caused by external factors.
- Determinism: Randomness doesn’t exist; “random” means “I don’t know”.
- Realism: Reality exists independently of us.
- Physicalism: Everything is physical, so no metaphysics.
- Infinitism: The world has infinite characteristics.
- Positivism: Valid knowledge only comes from science.
- Pragmatism: Truth doesn’t exist; our theories can be more or less useful.
- Behaviourism: Human behavior is determined by the environment.
- Science and technology: The best tools humanity has.
- Mathematics: I want to abstract, think and communicate properly.
- Physics: I want to know how the world works.
- Programming: In addition to my project’s work, I like to be aware of new free software technologies. I don’t use Windows, just GNU/Linux.
- Cooking: Using vegetables, I can cook great things.
- Reading: Mostly essays for researching, but I’m open to literature.
- Writing: I like to post articles in my blog. I’m working on a book too.
- Languages: I would like to speak as many languages as possible.
- Philosophy: Mostly philosophy of science.
- Politics and economy: I want to know how the rules of the game work.
- History: Knowing the history of humanity is crucial for me. It’s a huge field, where I always have a lot to learn. I also like to read biographies.
- People: I like to meet new people, talking and sharing ideas.
- Music: I like all kinds of music, including soundtracks.
- Films, TV shows and anime: I appreciate good stories.
- Book: Science and Sanity
- Song: Imagine
- Film: Interstellar
- TV Show: Mr. Robot
- Anime: Code Geass
- Game: Chess